Sunday, July 06, 2014

RME and FL Studio: My first cut

I finally got my studio equipment setup and was able to take my first recording!
My setup consists of the following equipment:

  1. An RME Fireface UFX Audio Interface 
  2. A CAD Audio E100S Condenser Mic
  3. A laptop
  4. 25ft balanced cable from Shure
  5. Some more connectors
  6. FL Studio
Getting used to the TotalMix software that shipped with the RME was, intimidating at first glance but I adjusted after some time (been looking at this unit for 3 days but decided today is the day). I opened FL studio today and their documentation was gracefully good enough and after minutes of toiling I recorded a sample.wav file.

The next big this is the project file setup in FL studio; this is one major piece of work that must be understood fully so as not to create file nightmares. I'll be posting my file system setup when I'm all convinced I have a winning formula.

No comments: